Friday, November 24, 2006

US COURT FINES INDIAN YOGA GURU

New York: A Los Angeles court has fined high-profile Indian yoga guru Bikram Choudhury for violating building safety norms at one of his studios. The court fined Bikram Choudhury's company Yoga Inc. more than $8,000 after the company pleaded no contest to the charges, including operating without a fire permit, failing to provide required parking for customers and operating the studio without a valid license.
In exchange for the plea, prosecutors dropped charges against Choudhury, the city attorney's office said. Los Angeles City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo charged Choudhury and his company in June with 10 criminal counts stemming from alleged safety violations at his La Cienega Boulevard Studio, according to Los Angeles Times.
Choudhury, 60, is the founder of 'Bikram Yoga', where practitioners perform a sequence of 26 postures twice in a room heated to between 100 and 105 degrees Fahrenheit. After pioneering what is believed to be the world's first yoga franchising operation, he made headlines last year for a legal fight over his claim to a copyright on the poses that would have prevented others from teaching his style. The dispute was ultimately settled. Choudhury was a national yoga champion in India during the 1970s.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Evening sir,
My name is Jitendra and I am from Jodhpur. I want to do best in my life but i could not do any thing because I have not control on my feelings and heart. When I want to do something then my heart say to me forget it and see dream
work after first you see dream and movie enterment.
I don't know what to do
can you help me.